Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Renewed, Reminded, and Resourced



The 2014 National CEF Convention was my first National CEF event.  I returned to my local church with a renewed commitment to intentional faith formation.  Spending a few days with so many excellent Christian Educators was a wonderful and inspiring experience. 

One of my biggest “takeaways” was a reminder that the culture of faith formation in your church is THE most important thing.  There is no magic curriculum or study program.  Therefore, our efforts as Christian Educators must emphasize the creation of a healthy culture and this should be reflected in how we manage our time.  Of course I knew this already, but several of the workshops I attended reminded me of the importance of creating and sustaining the right culture…and this reminder was much needed.

I also returned to my church with a number of practical resources.  In the workshops I attended, I was introduced to a number of online tools and videos that will be useful for educational ministries.  I have already shared these with colleagues and we anticipate using several of them in 2015.

I am glad I attended the 2014 National CEF and I would encourage others to consider attending the next conference, which will be in Nashville again.
-          Rev. Chris Barbieri - Associate Rome First UMC


No comments:

Post a Comment